WARNING: We recommend that only a qualified IT Technician attempt a Network Installation of MudShark. You will need to install an SQL Server in a location all users can connect to.
NOTE: You can install SQL Server Express Edition (64 bit) from here. This installer is over 1GB large. Once installed you can use the wizard to create a new SQL Server.
- Create a new SQL Server instance, named Brightbox.
- Allow the users that need to connect to the database access to SQL server with rights to the new Brighbox database, so that Windows authentication can connect.
- Create a shared directory and allow all users access.
- Ensure the SQL server browser service is running.
- Ensure TCP/IP is enabled for the SQL Server, with the IPAll TCP port set to 1433.
- Ensure the UDP port 1434 and TCP port 1433 is accessible on the Server from each user's computer.
When installing MudShark on a computer, there are a few steps you will need to do differently.
For each computer you're installing MudShark on, run the MudShark installer, and follow the Installation and Activation Guide, except with the following alterations:
1. At the Install SQL Server section of the installation, click Skip.
2. From the Database Server section, select the server that was configured.
When installation is complete on each machine you will need to change the default data directory.
To change the default directory:
1. Launch MudShark.
2. Click the Project then select Options...
3. Select the Data tab.
4. Click the ellipses next to Data folder: then select the shared directory you created.
NOTE: If you have a floating licence, check the box marked Deactivate on exiting.
5. Click OK